Dark Horizon
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomePortalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Any idea?

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Xialya
Admin
Xialya

Number of posts : 604
Registration date : 2006-12-04

Any idea? Empty
PostSubject: Any idea?   Any idea? Icon_minitime2007-04-27, 7:59 pm

I've got some time this week end, and I miss the toolset.
lol.

Someone has an idea about something to do on the mod?
Something like a new rules system (like I luv to do!), or anything else that should improve your gaming experience.

Also, If you need something concerning your character, ask.
Back to top Go down
https://uscm-reborn.forumotion.com/forum.htm
HaleyStarshine

HaleyStarshine

Number of posts : 9
Registration date : 2007-04-07

Any idea? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Any idea?   Any idea? Icon_minitime2007-04-27, 10:01 pm

I have a few ideas for it, I hope you won't feel I'm too "nosey", for I just joined the mod and I'm the "youngest" player around yet I think.

I like pretty much the story of the mod and the on going plots,and that's the most important thing (as most servers have a crappy/cheesy storyline so even if it's perfectly built and scripted, there's nothing much to improve, else then delete it and start a different one all over again)... So about that matter I think the mod is just perfect the way it is : )

What I thought was about some improvements on the building and scripting:

1) Fix the ALT+TAB bug! (pleaaase lol : P)

2) Give people some things to do when the DM is not around. Not necessarily "action" or "hack and slash"... This could include:

.....2a) Some new areas in the 6th Avenue and IceValley.

.....2b) The possibility to get a ride off the Widowmaker to New Kasuga Colony or any other relevant systems. (More areas as well).

.....2c) In those new areas and even in some existing ones, make NPCs more participative (as only the vendors are "talkable"). At least the VV bosses or some key NPCs...

.....2d) Make a way to get credits somehow (a very little amount to keep the game in balance anyway)... Like when making more participative NPCs, script some minor quests.. (Example: Do small jobs for NPCs, or delivering runs inside the Widowmaker and from the Widowmaker to outside systems or vice-versa).

.....2e) In these quests or jobs or something, there could be some use for specific skills (Mechanics, Eletronics, Pilot, etc), to enforce the variety of character builds (not only the "fighter" kind).

.....2f) And finally to satisfy the people's hunger for a little bit of action when there's nothing else to do around, place some Thugs or Bandits on the "desorganized" areas of planet systems, or the slums/Ice Valley in Widowmaker. As well to keep the game's balance, the spawns could be a very little amount of "bad guys", who could deliver minor itens or little credit, and give small amount of xp.

[Phew, I write a lot : P ... So anyways... If there were some improvements like those I believe the mod would become very very exciting, and a lot popular as well, as it is definatly the best one around as it is already! : ) ...]
Back to top Go down
Xialya
Admin
Xialya

Any idea? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Any idea?   Any idea? Icon_minitime2007-04-27, 11:01 pm

Thanks Isis Very Happy

New Kasuga Colony is not made as there are no tilesets or placeables to match the setting.

But there are some planets in the galaxy, and you may go there using a spaceship.

There are some ways to get a ship. You get the money and you buy one, or you gain it.
For example, in this plot, the group has stolen a ship belonging to a former bountyhunter, so they have one.

Anyway, the planet are a bit hostil :p
People try to rebuild the galaxy Very Happy

Then, I totaly agree with you, concerning the lack of npc, action, quests and so on.
I should focus on this part from now on.
Back to top Go down
GhostHammer

GhostHammer

Number of posts : 23
Registration date : 2007-04-11

Any idea? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Any idea?   Any idea? Icon_minitime2007-04-28, 1:05 am

Here are a few things I think would improve the Mod, and a few more that touch on some of the things Poison pointed out.

1. Poison mentioned having some things to do when the GM isn't available to earn credits and a little exp. I think thats a great Idea but still think that the bulk of the exp needs to come from role playing and GM ran adventures.
- on the role playing side of things I have seen scripts out there that auto reward people for role playing I'm not sure exactly how they work but I have been on servers that every so often (I assume its something like 1xp per how ever many typed words) as you talked or even emoted your actions you would gain a little exp. On the servers I have seen use this it never seemed to throw things out of wack as the reward is relatively low especially as characters increase in level yet It always seems to encourage role playing. Something to think about anyway.
- if you add other ways of gaining exp you may want to place a level cap (say level 5 in this game) where in you can level up to 5th with no problem but after you get enough to reach 6th you can not until the DM levels you up sometimes this requires the character to RP some training or post a short story in the forums about it before being granted the next level.

2. NPC / PC level balance: One of the things I have noticed is that every street tramp is higher level than the PC's when they first appear on the scene. That's fine I guess but with that as the standard it is very hard to make up a character that matters in any significant way right off the bat. Be it a seasoned pit fighter like Brax, or some war hero freezy that just got out of cryo. Having PC's start out lower than the low makes those story lines a little harder to pull off. I like that you advance Players to third level pretty quick it might be nice to go ahead and set that as something that happens upon character creation.
- Also maybe a variation in "npc" "Flunkies" making some of them a little lower level. Then add in some Sargent types that get a little better followed by lieutenants and then leaders or bosses. I see this to some degree but it seems that even your run of the mill gang member is pretty elite compared to the players.

3. Action / Reaction or PC fallout: maybe it's time to change one of the towns some do to some of the things the PC's have done or in some cases not done. Didn't the Reverend in alymon-22 (sp?) die? Maybe remove him permanently from the Mod, and since the Players tucked tale and ran maybe go so far as to remove the Sheriff and have the Maclaureys running the town. Sheriff might not be dead but rather held up somewhere well out of town healing up and trying to send for some help. It could be a future adventure hook.

4. Custom PC housing? Maybe not for every character but for a players main character that's been around awhile? I guess the best way to do this would be the players PMing you with their Ideas.

5. A new area, I have an Idea for a new area but I will PM you with it later on.

All in all I love the mod. It's a ton of fun with some good players and a great DM. keep up the good work.
Back to top Go down
Xialya
Admin
Xialya

Any idea? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Any idea?   Any idea? Icon_minitime2007-04-28, 1:34 am

Thanks Ghost Very Happy

In first, player housing is implanted since very early in the mod. Lately, I added 24 new appartments into the Civilian Quarter. (Where there are 6 appartments)
One player has her own dwelling.
And there are two shelters in the Slums. You can't avoid people to enter ? Welcome in the Slums Very Happy

Anyway, if you need your own place, just ask, I'll add it very very quick.

I keep in mind your ideas and will use them.

Thanks.
Back to top Go down
HaleyStarshine

HaleyStarshine

Any idea? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Any idea?   Any idea? Icon_minitime2007-04-28, 2:56 am

Ravenloft has that system GhostHammer mentioned about gaining XP for roleplaying with other players (5xp for every 5 phrases you say or something)

Anyway if there's any idea you feel like doing but find difficulty on figuring a way to script it out, just say in here and we could help you getting the script neat. I know a few very good scripters and I could always ask them for a little favor from time to time : )
Back to top Go down
Xialya
Admin
Xialya

Any idea? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Any idea?   Any idea? Icon_minitime2007-04-28, 3:04 am

It's okay about scripting, I can do everything Smile

My worse thing is about mapping, I HATE that ^^
(As you may see, there are a lot of unfinished area in the mod)
Back to top Go down
HaleyStarshine

HaleyStarshine

Any idea? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Any idea?   Any idea? Icon_minitime2007-04-28, 3:57 am

If I only knew anything about building I would surely help you out : P

But me totally stupid on computers
Back to top Go down
Xialya
Admin
Xialya

Any idea? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Any idea?   Any idea? Icon_minitime2007-04-28, 4:02 am

It's okay, thank you anyway Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Handel Amaluisurr

Handel Amaluisurr

Number of posts : 124
Registration date : 2006-12-05

Any idea? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Any idea?   Any idea? Icon_minitime2007-04-28, 12:57 pm

I read very good things in the last posts.

I am agreed with all.

I don't play every days but when I try to connect when I can. Many time, there is no one on the mod. I go to my laboratory. I do several dark and secret experiences (yes alone, I am crazy but I feel sad...). But time to time, it is very repetitive...

I need some news area to discover. And may be a little few fights just to evacuate the hard work of the day in the real life. I hope that you know what I mean.

It is hard to find the good threshold between fun, social, role play and action.

But don't be a hardcore role play mod that is too selective.

Don't forget that we are here for social, fun plays and take pleasures.

And sometimes it is nice to level up... Doors, monsters, treasures... Argh where is my AD&D box and my 6 faced dices...
Back to top Go down
http://handeltheone.labrute.com
Diashi

Diashi

Number of posts : 11
Registration date : 2007-04-12

Any idea? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Any idea?   Any idea? Icon_minitime2007-05-01, 11:22 pm

Well, hopefully I can help with adding some more action to the server since as of last night I'm now also a DM. ^_^

While Xialya will still be handling the main plot, I'll most likely be running 'side quests' to give the players something else to do during the 'daylight' hours. Well, at least they're day light hours for me since I live in GMT -5. And 'daylight' as in from 12 noon here until 4 am. Yes, I sleep in late, so sue me. Cool

On the subject of new areas...sadly I couldn't script my way out of a wet paper bag, but I am pretty good a designing maps and coming up with ideas. I'm a big Sci-Fi buff, so I've read a lot of books from different setting and different authors. *shrugs* Maybe I'll do something right for a change and create something interesting.

I do find myself agreeing with Ghost about the balance of power between the NPCs and the PCs. I mean, it feels kinda sad when my character is over powered by the bums who live in the slums. (hey that rhymes!) But, playing the devil's advocate, the server is set at a level 20 limit. If you think of it that way, then even setting the PCs to level 5 would be 1/4 of the way to max level. Maybe we should lower the NPC level instead of raising the PC level. Then again, since RPing is the only real way to gain EXP maybe level 5 PCs wouldn't be too out of the question since it's really up to the DMs to say when a character goes up another level. ...and maybe I should stop carrying on entire conversations with myself. I swear, my mind thinks too much sometimes. >_<;;

And PC Fallout is a good idea. Having no change to the universe we're playing in kinda makes our actions useless, turning it into a 'who can survive the longest' contest or something. Also... >_> *steals Ghost's idea for a MacLaurey take over* ...I'm taking this. Whether I use it or not is a matter to be solved within the confines of my own insanity.

So, yeah...new DM. See you in game.
Back to top Go down
GhostHammer

GhostHammer

Number of posts : 23
Registration date : 2007-04-11

Any idea? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Any idea?   Any idea? Icon_minitime2007-05-02, 1:55 am

hey congrats on the DM thing, and yeah the important thing is the relative balance in regards to PC's / NPC's not the level it's self. I think I had thrown 5th level out there as a suggested cap that players couldn't go past without some DM intervention Wink

Just to keep things in check, focusing on RP yet allow for a little exp to be earned outside of DM events.

Having an extra DM around should help with all of that too.

looking forward to gaming with you.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Any idea? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Any idea?   Any idea? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Any idea?
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Dark Horizon :: Archive Data Haven :: USCM - Reborn :: USCM News-
Jump to: